skip to main content

Child entertainment and employment licensing

Child performers are protected by a series of legislation, in particular The Children (Performances and Activities) Regulations 2014, which came into force on the 6th February 2015.

The following types of performance will require a child to have either a license or an exemption:

  • Theatre
  • Modelling (photographic & catwalk)
  • TV/Film
  • Dance school shows
  • Band/orchestra performances (non-educational establishment)

For more information on licensing click here

Child licensing officer - Jenni Wood (

Tel: 0161 770 6627

Further guidance and examples of best practice can be found on the National Network for Children in Employment and Entertainment (NNCEE) website:

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, analyse site traffic and understand where our audience is coming from. Read more.