The aim of this group is to provide support to schools, academies, colleges and other education establishments in their work to raise standards and drive forward the safeguarding and wellbeing agendas in these settings.
The key objectives are:
- To provide assurance to the OSCP and Oldham Education Partnership on the consistency of safeguarding children arrangements across all educational establishments, by supporting the implementation of duties under S11 of the Children Act 2004 and those identified in “Keeping Children Safe in Education”.
- To provide a tangible link on safeguarding between the OSCP and Oldham Education Partnership and schools/academies/colleges and other education establishments, ensuring a coherent approach to the delivery of high quality outcomes on safeguarding in these settings.
- To ensure the effective dissemination and action of key safeguarding guidance, evidence based practice and recommendations from national and local Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and Multi Agency Concise Reviews.
- To enable discussion and identification of emerging safeguarding issues impacting on children and young people and to identify mechanisms to address these or alert the OSCP and Oldham Education Partnership to any gaps in provision.
- To support and share knowledge, ideas and practice on the wellbeing agenda in schools, academies and colleges to support all children and young people to happy and safe.
- To enable discussion and identification of emerging wellbeing issues impacting on children and young people and to identify mechanisms to address these or alert the OSCP and Oldham Education Partnership to any gaps in provision/support.
- To receive regular updates from the behaviour and attendance working parties with regards children missing from education and identify with them ways to support schools, academies, colleges and other education establishments to improve attendance.
- To ensure that systems are in place for schools, academies, colleges and other education establishments to identify and support the safety and welfare of children who are privately fostered.
- To consider key learning about safeguarding practice arising from school Ofsted inspections and to monitor dissemination of learning through safeguarding networks meetings.