Oldham OSCP has adopted the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Board's policies and procedures: http://greatermanchesterscb.proceduresonline.com
The Policy and Procedures Subgroup of the OSCP has multi-agency representation to support the review and continuous development of the Greater Manchester policies and procedures.
The aim of the subgroup is:
- To ensure that policies and procedures for safeguarding children in Oldham are up to date and reflect current research and good practice. All policies and procedures must be:
- Child Centred
- Rooted in child development
- Focused on outcomes for children
- Holistic in approach
- Ensuring equity of opportunity
- Involving of children and families when and where appropriate
- Building on strengths as well as weaknesses
- Multi/inter agency in approach
- A continuing process not an event
- Providing and reviewing policies informed by evidence
- To contribute to the cyclic review of Greater Manchester policies and procedures.
- To review policies and procedures in response to learning arising from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews, Multi-Agency Case Evaluations and Audit activity and make recommendations to the Greater Manchester policy and procedures group for amendments to existing policies and procedures.