In line with the national and local children’s workforce vision, the training subgroup is committed to ensuring that everyone who works with children and adults at risk in Oldham is:
- Ambitious for every child and young person
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk
- Highly skilled and excellent in their practice
- Committed to partnership and integrated working
- Respected and valued as professionals
The group's objectives are:
1. To lead on the development and delivery of an annual action plan which supports the priorities of Oldham Safeguarding Children Partnership (OSCP) and Oldham Safeguarding Adults Board (OSAB)
2. To develop, collate and analyse robust workforce information, including training needs analyses, to inform the annual action plan.
3. To maximise available resources for developing the Partnership Workforce in Oldham through accessing funding from a range of internal and external sources, pooling staff resources and sharing information, ideas, expertise and experience, as appropriate.
5. To invest in the workforce training offer in order to support the retention of skilled and competent professionals
6. To coordinate and ensure multi agency approaches to staff development and training programmes where appropriate.
7. To promote common induction standards as outlined in the Section 11 audits, and the core skills and competencies into professional development programmes and activities for the Partnership workforce in Oldham.
8. To be aware of single agency workforce developments and activities and to identify outcomes and areas of learning that may benefit other areas of the Partnership workforce.
9. To work with professional bodies at local, regional and national levels as required.
10. To identify representatives from individual partner agencies, sectors or services reflected through the membership of this Group, to participate in workforce task groups relating to workforce development priorities.
12. To monitor and evaluate the delivery of the multi agency training calendar and annual action plan in terms of workforce outcomes and the impact for children and Adults at risk in Oldham.
13. To highlight best practice and positive impact for children and Adults at risk from Partnership workforce development and training delivery.
14. To support Inspections, audits and assessments from a workforce development perspective.